As you may or may not know, Wars and Politics of Ice and Fire has its own Tumblr page (as well as its own Twitter and Facebook pages, but they’re not important right now. I mean, they are, but not in this post). Even more excitingly, a little while back we here at the blog partnered with ASOIAF University to answer questions about A Song of Ice and Fire. We – that is, myself and SomethingLikeaLawyer – take the text-based questions submitted to us, write up thoughtful text-based answers, and publish these answers on the Tumblr.
This is all well and good, but we wanted to make sure all our lovely fans were included in the fun. That’s why this week I’m starting a new feature on the blog: The Ravenry. Every Monday, I will collect the questions we’ve answered during the previous week over on the Tumblr in post form, with a brief description of each, and publish it here, and link that post on Twitter and Facebook as well. It’ll be like Best Week Ever, except with fewer bright flashy graphics and probably no Paul F. Tompkins.
So, without further ado, here’s The Ravenry for the week of 25 May:
- I discussed whether Lyanna ever really loved Rhaegar.
- I talked about the Targaryens as a race.
- I examined Brandon Snow and his anti-dragon strategy.
- SomethingLikeaLawyer answered why no Valemen joined the Young Wolf.
- SomethingLikeaLawyer discussed whether Littlefinger suggested making Ned Hand.
- I examined the knotty problem of succession to the Iron Throne.
As always, we love to hear your text-based questions, so if you have a burning question about ASOIAF, click this link to send us a raven. The more specific the question, the better text-based answer we can write, although we do our best to answer them all.
Love you lots,
The Queen Regent (NFriel)