As you may or may not know, Wars and Politics of Ice and Fire has its own Tumblr page (as well as its own Twitter and Facebook pages). Even more excitingly, a little while back we here at the blog partnered with ASOIAF University to answer questions about A Song of Ice and Fire. We – that is, Nfriel and SomethingLikeaLawyer – take the text-based questions submitted to us, write up thoughtful text-based answers, and publish these answers on the Tumblr.
Each week, we’ll publish links to our answers on tumblr in a little post here on the site known as The Ravenry. Every Monday, we’ll collect the questions we’ve answered during the previous week over on the Tumblr in post form, with a brief description of each, and publish it here, and link that post on Twitter and Facebook as well. It’ll be like Best Week Ever, except with fewer bright flashy graphics and probably no Paul F. Tompkins.
So, without further ado, here’s The Ravenry for the week of 1 June:
- SomethingLikeaLawyer analyzes Vale succession
- SomethingLikeaLawyer tackled questions about Valyrian steel in Westeros and Essos
- SomethingLikeaLawyer disputed the assertion that Varys wants to bring democracy to Westeros.
- Nfriel discussed the size of Vhagar and Meraxes’ dragon skulls.
- Nfriel analyzes Edric Dayne’s squirehood against Westerosi history.
As always, we love to hear your text-based questions, so if you have a burning question about ASOIAF, click this link to send us a raven. The more specific the question, the better text-based answer we can write, although we do our best to answer them all!