As you may or may not know, Wars and Politics of Ice and Fire has its own Tumblr page (as well as its own Twitter and Facebook pages). Even more excitingly, a little while back we here at the blog partnered with ASOIAF University to answer questions about A Song of Ice and Fire. We – that is, myself and SomethingLikeaLawyer – take the text-based questions submitted to us, write up thoughtful text-based answers, and publish these answers on the Tumblr.
So every Monday we present to you The Ravenry. We collect the questions we’ve answered during the previous week over on the Tumblr in post form, with a brief description of each, and publish it here, and link that post on Twitter and Facebook as well. It’s like Best Week Ever, except with fewer bright flashy graphics and probably no Paul F. Tompkins (not that he’s not welcome).
So, without further ado, here’s The Ravenry for the week of 15 June:
- SomethingLikeaLawyer answers whether Robb could have proxy-married Sansa
- SomethingLikeaLawyer discusses the culture of the wildlings
- SomethingLikeaLawyer analyzes male-line versus female-line succession to the Iron Throne
- SomethingLikeaLawyer talks about the true power of a king’s succession decisions
- NFriel discusses Mace Tyrell’s true loyalties during Robert’s Rebellion
- NFriel talks about kingsblood
- Nfriel analyzes why Joffrey ended up such a mess
As always, we love to hear your text-based questions, so if you have a burning question about ASOIAF, click this link to send us a raven. The more specific the question, the better text-based answer we can write, although we do our best to answer them all.
Love you lots,
The Queen Regent (NFriel)