As you may or may not know, Wars and Politics of Ice and Fire has its own Tumblr page (as well as its own Twitter and Facebook pages). Even more excitingly, a little while back we here at the blog partnered with ASOIAF University to answer questions about A Song of Ice and Fire. We – that is, myself and SomethingLikeaLawyer – take the text-based questions submitted to us, write up thoughtful text-based answers, and publish these answers on the Tumblr.
So every Monday we present to you The Ravenry. We collect the questions we’ve answered during the previous week over on the Tumblr in post form, with a brief description of each, and publish it here, and link that post on Twitter and Facebook as well. If we were a radio call-in show, we’d be one of those super-late, why-are-there-still-non-singing-humans-on-the-radio-at-this-hour ones where the hosts always talk in real quiet voices. We’re that kind of show.
So, without further ado, here’s The Ravenry for the week of 29 June:
- SomethingLikeaLawyer clarifies the title of “Warden” in Westeros
- SomethingLikeaLawyer imagines a regency of Aegon VI without Aerys or Rhaegar
- NFriel looks at whether tourneys were fixed in the high lords’ favor
- NFriel offers a potential answer to the Rosby inheritance mystery
- NFriel answers why so few houses have Valyrian steel ancestral swords
- SomethingLikeaLawyer discusses the spread of disease in warfare
- SomethingLikeaLawyer defines the Crownlands
- NFriel examines what would happen if Robert accidentally killed Joffrey
- NFriel analyzes who could have been the “one who told” on Arianne’s Queenmaker plot
- NFriel discusses a possible posthumous succession to Casterly Rock
- SomethingLikeaLawyer imagines what would have happened if Robert had gone after the Mountain
- SomethingLikeaLawyer deconstructs several aspects of “Southron Ambitions”
- NFriel answers why Melisandre might be so convinced Stannis is AA
As always, we love to hear your text-based questions, so if you have a burning question about ASOIAF, click this link to send us a raven. The more specific the question, the better text-based answer we can write, although we do our best to answer them all.
Your beloved overlord,
The Queen Regent (NFriel)
7 responses to “The Ravenry: Week of 6/29/2015”
The Robert/Mountain link connects to the Sansa question.
Enjoyed these as always! It seems like there are more and more each week.
Fixed the link, thanks!
Glad you like them. Answering the tumblr questions is really fun.
Sorry about that! Thanks to my Hand we’re good to go now. And thanks for the praise! Glad you like it!
I’m your Hand now?
Well, the King’s Hand. But I AM the Queen Regent
Are you implying that Mr. Snow is the rightful lord of Dragon Stone?
Regarding the Valyrian steel weapons, in the WoIaoF app, if you look under valyrian steel it mentions that “Thousands remain in the world, but maybe only 200 remaining in Westeros” So it is my assumptions that there are many still in Westeros, just that they arin’t mentionned or brought up in the PoV characters. and don’t forget Ice ! (although re-forged into 2 weapons)