Hello, ASOIAF enthusiasts
As you may or may not know, Wars and Politics of Ice and Fire has its own Tumblr page (as well as its own Twitter and Facebook pages). Even more excitingly, a little while back we here at the blog partnered with ASOIAF University to answer questions about A Song of Ice and Fire. We – that is, myself and NFriel – take the text-based questions submitted to us, write up thoughtful text-based answers, and publish these answers on the Tumblr.
So every Monday we present to you The Ravenry. We collect the questions we’ve answered during the previous week over on the Tumblr in post form, with a brief description of each, and publish it here, and link that post on Twitter and Facebook as well.
So, without further ado, here’s The Ravenry for the week of 3 August:
- SomethingLikeALawyer answers whether Aegon I intentionally offended the Storm King in his pre-war diplomacy and the danger of plural marriages.
- SomethingLikeALawyer speculates who was present for Rickard Stark’s murder.
- SomethingLikeALawyer posits that if Rhaegar was unmarried, the Starks would have still rebelled.
- SomethingLikeALawyer wonders how Jaime would have changed if he told Eddard about the wildfire plot.
- SomethingLikeALawyer discusses whether the Dance of the Dragons would have still happened if Rhaenys was picked over Baelon.
As always, we love to hear your text-based questions, so if you have a burning question about ASOIAF, click this link to send us a raven. The more specific the question, the better text-based answer we can write, although we do our best to answer them all.
SomethingLikeALawyer, Hand of the King