Dark Wings, Dark Words. And for Monday, the blackest of days, the ravens take flight.
As you may or may not know, Wars and Politics of Ice and Fire has its own Tumblr page (as well as its own Twitter and Facebook pages). Even more excitingly, a little while back we here at the blog partnered with ASOIAF University to answer questions about A Song of Ice and Fire. We – that is, myself and NFriel – take the text-based questions submitted to us, write up thoughtful text-based answers, and publish these answers on the Tumblr.
So every Monday we present to you The Ravenry. We collect the questions we’ve answered during the previous week over on the Tumblr in post form, with a brief description of each, and publish it here, and link that post on Twitter and Facebook as well. This time, we discuss interfaith marriages, psychoanalyze various actors, offer insight on military matters, and discuss ways Rhaegar’s life could have been different.
So, without further ado, here’s The Ravenry for the week of 31 August:
- NFriel discusses the politics of Old Gods/Faith of the Seven interfaith marriage in Westeros.
- SomethingLikeALawyer answers why Varys was OK with Eddard getting his head cut off.
- NFriel outlines Tywin’s reasoning for never remarrying.
- SomethingLikeALawyer offers several reasons as to why Myrcella and Tommen turned out so differently from Joffrey.
- NFriel predicts which Reachmen Houses would join Aegon and the Golden Company.
- SomethingLikeALawyer doubts Sansa’s life was in danger of being snuffed out on Tywin’s command.
- SomethingLikeALawyer speaks on Rhaegar’s kidnapping, and how Aerys could have used it.
- SomethingLikeALawyer clarifies why Robb couldn’t get the other 17,000 men from the North to shore up his forces.
- SomethingLikeALawyer speculates how quickly Joffrey’s cause falls if he sentences Eddard to the Wall, then murders him.
- SomethingLikeALawyer explains why it would suck to storm Casterly Rock.
- SomethingLikeALawyer follows up on what would happen if Rhaegar was sent to the Wall for kidnapping Lyanna.
- SomethingLikeALawyer details what would need to be the case for Robert to become the Sellsword King.
- SomethingLikeALawyer denies Rhaegar could have been able to get in on Southron Ambitions.
As always, we love to hear your text-based questions, so if you have a burning question about ASOIAF, click this link to send us a raven. The more specific the question, the better text-based answer we can write, although we do our best to answer them all.
SomethingLikeALawyer, Hand of the King