In part 1, we set the scene for the upcoming Siege of Winterfell. Today, I’ll analyze and speculate on strategy and tactics of the battle between Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon, and then I’ll predict the outcome of the battle.
Here’s how I’ll break down the post:
- Loyalty of the Houses Aligned with Stannis and Roose
- Disposition and Dispersion of the Armies in and around Winterfell
- Roose’s and Stannis’ battle plan
- Opening Acts of the Battle
- The Battle of the Crofters’ Village
- The Pink Letter
- The Battle of Winterfell
- Wild Cards
Before I jump into this analysis, I want to be very careful in stating that the scenario that I sketch out below may not be fulfilled at all. It’s very possible that none of what I write, some of what I write or most of what I write comes to pass in The Winds of Winter, but if you enjoy speculation on probably the most anticipated book of the decade and one of the most anticipated plots in that book, then I hope you’ll enjoy reading. So let’s dive into it.