As you may or may not know, Wars and Politics of Ice and Fire has its own Tumblr page (as well as its own Twitter and Facebook pages). Even more excitingly, a little while back we here at the blog partnered with ASOIAF University to answer questions about A Song of Ice and Fire. We – that is, myself and SomethingLikeaLawyer – take the text-based questions submitted to us, write up thoughtful text-based answers, and publish these answers on the Tumblr.
So every Monday we present to you The Ravenry. We collect the questions we’ve answered during the previous week over on the Tumblr in post form, with a brief description of each, and publish it here, and link that post on Twitter and Facebook as well. It’s like Best Week Ever, except with fewer bright flashy graphics and probably no Paul F. Tompkins (not that he’s not welcome).
So, without further ado, here’s The Ravenry for the week of 8 June:
- SomethingLikeaLawyer analyzes Roose Bolton as a commander
- SomethingLikeaLawyer discusses Arthur Dayne’s true loyalties
- SomethingLikeaLawyer answers why no Ghiscari ever immigrated to Westeros
- SomethingLikeaLawyer elaborates on the strengths of the great castles of Westeros
- NFriel answers why it’s unlikely Syrio Forel survived
- NFriel discusses why Stannis married a Florent
- NFriel explains why the Valyrians never tried to conquer Westeros
As always, we love to hear your text-based questions, so if you have a burning question about ASOIAF, click this link to send us a raven. The more specific the question, the better text-based answer we can write, although we do our best to answer them all.
Love you lots,
The Queen Regent (NFriel)