- I am a former United States Army infantryman .
- I play acoustic guitar and am a part of a basement band that meets every once in a long while
- Outside of the ASOIAF essays, I have been working on my own book series which is unfortunately not fantasy and worse-still, not that good, but hey, it’s enjoyable.
- I am something of a centrist to libertarian when it comes to politics.
- I got married in May 2014!
- I’m a recovering agnostic/atheist who is currently being transformed by God’s Grace (I know this may come as something of a shock to those who read my essays on /r/asoiaf)
- I’ve been working on trying to read more fiction as most of my reading prior to about 5 years ago was non-fiction.
- My name is Hamish and I hail from barely sunny Scotland.
- Currently studying History and Politics at university.
- Also do my own writing, fantasy and a sci-fi western. Probably not that great but I really enjoy working in my own universe and playing God there. I’m not a particularly kind god though.
- Favourite movie is probably a three way tie between Shaun of the Dead, Star Wars, and Aliens.
- Favourite songs include Thunderstruck, God’s Gonna Cut You Down, If You Wanna, Wheels, and Deep Blue.
- I make an awesome Nutella Cheesecake.
- Hadn’t read a full book until I started A Song of Ice and Fire so I am really grateful to GRRM for getting me back into reading.